25/02/2013

I ♥ the Oscars

Photobucket

For me, the best part about the Oscars (or any glamorous event, really) is the red carpet. Since most of them take place in the US, I love waking up the morning after and discovering which actress chose which gown, which jewels and accessories. Most of all, I love imagining what I would have worn if I had the chance! We all need a bit of day dreaming now and then. This year, my favourite looks from the Academy Awards red carpet were those of Jessica Chastain, Zooey Deschanel and Anne Hathaway. Predictably, the general trend I can spot in my three favourite is: pale pink/nude dress, natural make-up and impeccable elegance.
Jessica Chastain, nominated for the Best Actress award for Zero Dark Thirty, totally embraced the Old Hollywood glamour with her stunning Armani Prive dress, Christian Louboutin heels, and Harry Winston jewels. I think her best feature is her hair: yesterday night her Forties waves looked simply amazing.
Another all time girl crush of mine is Zooey Deschanel. I've loved her ever since I saw her in 500 Days of Summer years ago; pair her with my all time favourite designer Valentino and one of the maison's best, most recent creations, and you'll have me crying all over the place. Her hair was gorgeous, too.
Anne Hathaway won the award for Best supporting actress for Les Miserables while looking perfect in a minimalist pale pink Prada dress and a Tiffany necklace. That she looked unbelievably classy is all I can say about her, and that cutting her hair was the best idea she could possibly have.

Who was the best dressed at the Oscars in your opinion? 

No comments:

Post a Comment