02/08/2014

My Current Summer Favourites

Summer Favourites Le Petit Faon

I know, it's been ages since I last posted! I'm feeling so unmotivated and uninspired about blogging lately. Please bear with me! Anyway, today I wanted to share with you the Summer products I have been loving so far, both in the skin and make-up department.

Right after finally doing my last Uni exam at the beginning of the month, I did my first trip to The Body Shop. I was all by myself walking through the streets of Rome, the weather was sunny but not too hot... but that's another story. I had read rave reviews about the Vineyard Peach line, but my oh my, smelling the products in person was a whole another thing! I picked up the Vineyard Peach Body Mist (€12) and the Vineyard Peach Body Butter (€15) and I honestly would have bought the whole range. Peaches are my favourite fruit and these smell like real peaches. Oh my God. Don't even get me started on that. 

I had never tried a The Body Shop Body Butter, and although seeing them everywhere on the internet I didn't think they were that thick! It have the exact same consistency as butter -hence, I suppose, the name- and a little bit goes a very long way. It leaves my skin super hydrated and soft, and when the scent starts to disappear I touch it up with a spritz (or ten...) of the Vineyard Peach Body Spray. 

On the skincare side, I have been using and enjoying the Avène Hydrance Optimale Légère moisturizer. This lightweight moisturizer is perfect for the hot Summer weather: its liquid consistency is quickly absorbed by the skin, making it feel fresher thanks to its signature Avène scent, and hydrated without being oily. Avène also makes a version of this lotion with a light SPF, but I use a separate product to protect my skin from the sun.

Summer Favourites Le Petit Faon

As for foundation, now that my skin is finally acne-free I can go back to using my beloved Chanel Vitalumière Aqua. I could talk about this foundation for hours, really. The things I love the most about it? It's lightweight, it feels and looks like real skin, it blurs any visible pores and gives such a healthy and glowy appearance to the face. It's great all year round, really, but I especially love it for the Summer because I don't even feel like I'm wearing foundation at all!

After hearing so many bloggers rave about it, I have finally caved in and bought the L'Oréal Lumi Magique primer and yes, it deserves all the rave reviews. Usually primers make me uncomfortable -don't ask me why- but this one doesn't: it doesn't feel like it's just clogging my pores or something. I usually apply it on the high points of my face before applying foundation, and I swear... if it's the Victoria's Secret supermodel glow you're looking for, give this primer a try!

Lastly, my current favourite nail polish of the moment: Essie Buy Me a Cameo. This kind of rose gold-bronze shade is my favourite nail polish shade in general, but I have been loving this particular one for the last few weeks. It looks gorgeous on my snow-white skin, but I bet it would look amazing on tanned skin as well!

What beauty products are you loving at the moment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment